Friday, June 1, 2007

CODE RED

We are in CODE RED with Baxter. I started it last night. He peed on our bed the day before our camping trip, did I mention that? Yeah, we had to sleep in the guest room while I let the enzyme cleaner get the smell out and stuff. Then night before last, he peed on my grandmother's quilt that we use for covers in the living room when we watch TV. Thank God for Simple Solution. It really gets all pet stains out for good. I always lock him up in the bathroom with me (like a baby!) when I take a shower in the morning, even after he's been out b/c he often has to go twice in the morning and he hasn't learned to hold it until we make the second trip. Well, yesterday morning, he crapped in the bathroom and I almost stepped in it. So, I came up with Code Red. Code Red means that he LIVES in one of this houses (plastic kennel) unless he is outside pottying or playing, or we are sitting on the floor playing with him, or he's eating. Period. That's it. He can hold it all day while we are at work, but he seems to forget to when we are home. That, coupled with he doesn't seem to know how to let us know when he has to go. I just think confining him to a tiny space is the next to last resort. I know it sounds harsh, but I'm at my wits end. He's still getting neutered in the next week or two, but I don't think even that will be enough. Now if Code Red fails, we're moving to CODE BLACK. Code Black is sending him to a training school or something. I've just got to do something. I'm getting desperate and the sad thing is I've grown attached to him so I can't give him back. I've got to get this figured out. Can you read the desperation?

On a lighter note, it's the weekend, and from what I know, we don't have any plans of living on the sand or in a tent this weekend so I'm happy. Now, perhaps sandpaper is in my weekend plans. My walls are calling....got to go!

No comments: