Friday, June 8, 2007

Here's to dear old Dad!


Father's day is coming up and while I was looking at some old family albums I saw a whole bunch of pictures of me and my dear old Dad. He used to have black hair and was really skinny! Ok, so he's not so old, but lately he feels pretty old. He's been working triple time since his company acquired a new paper in DeQueen, AR. Good luck with that Dad!

This photo was taken at our home in Jacksonville Texas. That's Brownie, my mom's little dog that decided we were going to be her new family when we lived in Sweetwater, TX. One of Dad's favorite things to do would be to sit on the patio and look at the backyard and the little forest behind the house. I would just want to be near him so I often sat with him. I remember the first time we got a bug zapper, I sat out on the patio with him and wrote on a piece of paper every bug that fell victim to the wonderful zapper. I've always been good at or enjoyed analysis so I guess I knew that at an early age. It was probably my way of evaluating the cost/benefit analysis of our new purchase. Hee!

So, anyway, here's to you Dad. Love you bunches!

No comments: