Friday, June 8, 2007

Feathers, tutus and taps




A friend of mine from Houston sent me a photo of her oldest daughter's first dance recital and it reminded me of mine. I thought I'd share a photo I found. My mother kept that silly costume for YEARS! I finally tossed it when she passed away. I sure hope, if Clint and I have a daughter someday, that I'll be able to find dance lessons for her around here. Anyway, I still remember my first dance classes (in Sweetwater, TX) and the teacher had a real pianist, just like they used to do (and still do at some good studios). She would have us all line up in a row and bow with our heads up and our mouths open to receive a candied cherry like a little bird. I can't eat candied cherries without thinking of that.


The other photo is one of my mom and I practicing our tap routine. My mom always wished she had taken lessons when she was a kid and so when she enrolled me, she signed up for a beginner tap class. We learned the same routine so we could practice together. Aren't we cute?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! How fun that your mom took tap classes with you.